Rocking chair is one of the most important purchases which you need to make for your nursery. However, with so many options available, it can be a bit confusing. Here are some things which you should consider, so that you are able to get the best rocking chairs for nursery:
1. Comfort: You will have to spend a lot of time regularly sitting in the rocking chair. Hence, comfort is the first thing which you should look for. It should be spacious enough so that you can easily switch positions. Also, make sure that you can easily get out of the chair without waking the baby. Apart from that, it will also be great if there are some pockets to keep the different baby accessories like cloth burps.
2. Safety: Since the safety of the baby is at stake here, you have to be extra careful. It is always advisable to buy those kind of rocking chairs which comes with a safety lock to prevent the chair from rocking. Before buying, you should also make sure that there are no sharp edges which can injure the baby.
3. Easy to clean: Diaper overflow is very common if the baby is less than 1 years old. Hence, you should buy those rocking chairs which are relative easy to clean.
4. Arm rests: After holding the baby in your arms for around half an hour, you may feel some discomfort. Hence, it will be best if you manage to buy those which comes with wide padded arm rests. Footrests is also a great feature if your legs are slightly short. It will allow you to sit more comfortably.
5. Sturdy and Durable: Since you are running a nursery, you will ideally need a rocking chair which will last for many years. Hence, before purchasing, make sure that they are sturdy and also comes with a long warranty period.